::NAV BAR::

home explore eat decorate create

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

From Old to New...

One thing I love to do whenever I have free time is refinish furniture.  I am obsessed, seriously obsessed with Annie's Chalk Paint.  If you've been thinking about painting a piece of furniture but were worried about all the labor involved, then this paint is for you!  It cuts down on the process and has a great matte, shabby chic finish to it.  You don't even have to sand the furniture- just paint away!

So, the night before we were to have my hubby's office over for a holiday lunch I set out to refinish this hutch:

Craigslist find- $100.  I could see the potential!

Months ago I had spray painted the hutch gray, so that when a top coat was put on and then sanded the gray would show through.  So I was all set to paint away, and had chosen "Old White" as my color of choice.  Did I mention that I decided to do this in my dining room?  At 11pm?  Yeah, I love that kind of pressure!  (No seriously, I do.  Weird, I know.  Or maybe lazy.  There was no way I could move the hutch by myself and the hubs was in bed, but I wasn't going to let that stop me!)

In process
Each phase of the facelift
It took me about 2 hours to put two coats of paint on the hutch and then sand it a bit.  The paint is such a breeze to work with!  The last step I started and need to finish is a layer of wax to seal it.  I'll get to that soon.  I love the way it turned out!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...