::NAV BAR::

home explore eat decorate create

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sectionals


Sectionals.  Ugh.  It's a dirty word these days- my first thought of a sectional is that big comfy, beat up looking one that one of my childhood friend had in her basement.  You know, the one that the dog sheds all over but is comfy as your favorite old sweatshirt.  That's what I was thinking of when my husband and I decided we wanted to get a sectional for our living room.  The problem is that so many sectionals out there are disasters that they give the good ones a bad rep!


First image that comes to mind when thinking about sectionals....
So I was determined to find one that met all of our criteria: really comfy, durable, classy, lots of seating, had nail head trim, a recliner (Bob lost that battle), and a neutral color so we can change our decor every now and then.  I made a little inspiration board to keep me focused on what I wanted.


Sectionals
Here is my inspiration board! 

I searched and searched, but just couldn't find one that I loved.  I almost went with one that I liked well enough, but decided to wait a bit longer to find something I really loved. After looking high and low, I finally found one that checked all of our boxes.  Here it is in our home!   
Happy days, the search is over!
It's classy, has the nail head trim (soo pretty in person!), is incredibly comfortable (we're currently fighting over the corner spot), and is durable!  Those cushions are the ones that came with it, I need to replace those with my pottery barn ones.  So the lesson today is, stay true to what you're looking for and eventually you'll find it.  So happy that I didn't jump the gun!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...