::NAV BAR::

home explore eat decorate create

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Basil Thai Restaurant - Charlotte, NC

When it comes to food, I have a weakness for ethnic cuisine, especially Thai food. Give me a chicken green curry that's so hot it's almost a challenge to eat it and I'm in heaven! There are a few Thai restaurants near me and I plan on trying all of them sometime soon to see how they stack up against each other. Yesterday I went to Basil, which is in uptown Charlotte and only 3 blocks from where I work. I got it to go, so no gorgeous food photos for you today, but I did take some photos of the restaurant itself:

Basil has a nice patio area that I plan to enjoy one day when it's not 100 degrees!

Gorgeous inside, love those barrel flower-like light fixtures!

Pineapple infused vodka...yum!

The green curry was the perfect balance of sweet and hot, and the lunch portion is pretty generous. They were slammed for lunch when I went at noon, so I suggest getting there early! It definitely a more upscale restaurant than the Thai places I've been to before, but my green curry was still very authentic, which can be lost if a restaurant goes too mainstream. Overall, the food was great, and I'd love to sit down next time...and I'll make sure to try a pineapple mojito as well!

Basil Thai Restaurant - 210 N Church St, Charlotte, NC 28202



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...