::NAV BAR::

home explore eat decorate create

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Plaza Midwood

My husband and I recently took the plunge and moved from Raleigh to Charlotte, NC.  Have you ever moved to a new city?  I swear, I don't think I've ever been more scared of something in my whole life!  We said goodbye to our wonderful friends, the house we had purchased just 15 months prior (why yes, I did almost kill my husband, thank you for asking!), and the security that came with living somewhere for a few years.  Raleigh really was a big security blanket for me, and there were a lot of tears before I was ready to say goodbye.

I have to admit though, I am loving Charlotte!  One of our first weeks here I saw this guy, and I knew I was going to love this place:


 We settled in Plaza Midwood, an eclectic neighborhood with lots of art galleries, restaurants, and shops.  It's only two miles from uptown Charlotte, which makes it easy to explore what Charlotte has to offer!  I still need to explore, but here are some photos of the neighborhood:


More on each place to come, I can't wait to get out there and explore this city!  As I do, I'll write about the places we go to, and what we thought of them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...